Social payments, OTT evolution, edge computing, robo-advisors, Chinese cards and smart educational toys are among the top technology trends awaiting 2018, according to Juniper Research.
The list below summarizes the top ten trends shaping the technology industry for 2018 as compiled by Juniper Research.
- Amazon and Facebook Lead OTT Bids for Major Sporting Rights
- Apple, Facebook, Google Bring Social Payments to the Masses
- AI and Blockchain to Power Numerous Fintech & Insurance Solutions
- Edge Computing to Fast Track the IoT
- Facial Recognition Applications Surge
- The Rise of Robo-advisors & App-based Investments
- Machine Learning Coming to Verify Your Identity
- Chinese Cards and Wallets Achieve Scale in Western Markets
- Smart Toys Educating the Masses
- Wireless Charging Market Moves Up a Gear
In the OTT battle ground, Amazon is likely to be the biggest winner here. Not only would it gain revenues from new Amazon Prime customers joining mainly for the football, but additionally revenues derived from retail sales by those customers via the Prime channel.
Source: Juniper Research