Fareportal deploys Citrix XenDesktop and save $400,000 per annum in real estate costs

Infotech Lead India: Fareportal, a travel company, has deployed Citrix XenDesktop to reutilize real estate and improve security of data and mobility for its employees.

The U.S.-based Fareportal with a delivery center in Gurgaon, India, saved almost $400,000 per annum in real estate costs and 25-30 percent on power costs. The travel company saved because it doesn’t spend more on real estate cost and it can now accommodate more people in the same space.

Moreover, the deployment has assisted the company to secure data directly at the server side rather than individually securing individual end points. It also experienced enhanced mobility as the virtualized desktop environment allows employees to access data across any network.

The Indian operations of Fareportal reported 30 percent y-o-y increase in employee expansion. The emergent size and scale of Fareportal necessitated an increase in office space.

“Citrix has enabled us to create a secure desktop infrastructure while facilitating savings on real estate expenditure. We believe this desktop and applications delivery framework will be a keystone in our next phase of the company’s expansion,” said AK Singh, director- IT, Fareportal.

Fareportal has migrated almost 30 percent employees on Citrix XenDesktop virtualized environment, and the remaining 70 percent would be migrated in the near future. The company is currently in the process of transitioning its development environment on Citrix XenDesktop and moving the entire call centre onto the virtualized environment in the near future.

“With Citrix Virtual Desktops we have helped Fareportal improve the seat utilization of employees working in different shifts. This increased real estate utilization has helped Fareportal optimize cost,” said Sanjay Deshmukh, area vice president, India Subcontinent, Citrix

[email protected]