Content security gateway and software market touches $695M

Worldwide content security gateway appliance and software revenue is up 2 percent between 1Q14 and 2Q14, reaching $695 million, says a new research from Infonetics Research.

The revenue is up 4 percent year over year as well.

Leading vendors in the overall content security gateway market based on worldwide revenue share in 2Q14 are, in alphabetical order, Blue Coat, Cisco, McAfee, Symantec, and Websense.

2014-Infonetics-2Q14-Content-Security-Gateway-AppsIn 2Q14, 65 percent of content security gateway revenue was from appliances, and the remaining 35 percent came from software.

Growth in security software-as-a-service (SaaS) and virtual appliances buoys content security gateway market

SaaS revenue for content security gateways is up 11 percent from the previous quarter and up 32 percent from a year ago, and is forecast by Infonetics to grow to $1.3 billion in 2018

“The content security gateway product market is trending flat to down long term, but this spending decrease is being offset by increased investments in SaaS (software-as-a-service), virtual appliances and, eventually, advanced malware protection solutions,” said Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.

[email protected]

Related News

Latest News

Latest News