Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) expanded Hitachi Content Portfolio (HCP) with the addition of Hitachi Content Intelligence for search and analytics capabilities.
With Hitachi Content Intelligence, HDS customers can transform data into relevant business information and deliver it to the right people, when it matters most, the company said in a statement.
By aggregating multistructured data, Hitachi Content Intelligence enables insights to be surfaced faster, data management and governance to be more complete, and to understand the distribution of organizational data based on its value to the business.
Some of HDS customers like Rabobank, Precision Discovery, and the National Archives and Record Administration (NARA), which have been using HCP, will now implement Hitachi Content Intelligence.
“Hitachi Content Intelligence is now an important and necessary part of our global compliance monitoring, discovery, and intervention architecture,” said Walter Hendricks, BA, CCEP-I, business change manager, Discovery & Intervention – Compliance Expertise & Operations, Rabobank
The National Archives and Records Administration uses HCP and Hitachi Content Intelligence to store, preserve and make accessible their largest and most prominent electronic records collections.
Hitachi Content Intelligence delivers the following capabilities, says HDS
- Centralizes organizational data and transforms it into valuable and relevant business information.
- Connects to and aggregates multistructured data across heterogeneous data silos and different locations.
- Offers flexible deployment options that include physical, virtual, or hosted (public or private cloud).
- Handles high degrees of scalability and availability with support for distributed and dynamic cluster sizes that can burst to more than 10,000 instances.
- Maintains data sensitivity safely and securely by ensuring that only authorized users have access to specified results with integrations to authentication services, document-level security controls, and granular access policies.
- Delivers personalized and self-service results that are tailored to the individual user or group that accesses the data.
- Includes extensibility with published application programming interfaces that support customized data connections, transformation stages, or building new applications.
- Deploys with an intuitive workflow designer, administration tools, and a guided data exploration and search application.
Scott Baker, senior director of Emerging Technologies at Hitachi Data Systems, says, “For today’s enterprises, data is the most strategic asset, and connecting the right people to the right data in a timely and meaningful way is critical to staying relevant and competitive in their market segment. Hitachi Content Intelligence lets customers organize, transform and package organizational data into factual information, making it invaluable to the business.”