Intel Security leads content security gateway market in Q3

Intel Security event
Intel Security is the leading vendor in the content security gateway market in Q3 2015, while Blue Coat moved into second and Cisco took third.

IHS in an IT market report said sales of network advanced threat protection (ATP) solutions, which detect sophisticated malware, rose 53 percent to $194 million in the third quarter of 2015.

Network ATP is the fastest-growing segment in the content security market. Thanks to software-as-a-service technology, ATP will be available to less savvy customers much more quickly than intrusion prevention systems (IPS).

“We’re forecasting the global network ATP market to reach $1.3 billion in 2019, a 22 percent compound annual growth rate over the five years from 2014 to 2019,” said Jeff Wilson, senior research director for cybersecurity technology at IHS.

Content security gateway appliance and software revenue increased 2.3 percent sequentially to $856 million.

65 percent of content security gateway revenue was from appliances, and the remaining 35 percent came from software.

Related News

Latest News

Latest News