The global DRAM revenue grew 11.3 percent in Q2 2018 from previous quarter, according to DRAMeXchange, a division of TrendForce.
DRAM revenue Q2 2018Contract prices of most DRAM products rose by around 3 percent q-o-q. Contract prices of graphics DRAM products surged by 15 percent on the back of the cryptocurrency-related demand.

The Q3 2018 contract prices of PC DRAM products for first-tier PC-OEMs increased 1.5 percent to reach $34.5 as compared with Q2 2018 contract prices. The PC DRAM contract prices have moderated considerably for Q3 2018.

Another significant hike in contract prices in Q4 2018 will be slim because the top suppliers will start using their newly added production capacity in H2 2018. The demand growth will be fairly limited.

Samsung topped the revenue ranking as its total DRAM revenue for the quarter rose by 8.2 percent quarter on quarter to $11.21 billion.

SK Hynix’s revenue rose 19.5 percent to $7.69 billion due to a significant increase in bit shipments.

Samsung’s and SK Hynix’s global market shares in revenue terms came to 43.6 percent and 29.9 percent, respectively, in 2Q18. Together, the two South Korean suppliers accounted for about 73.5 percent of the global market.

Micron stayed at the third place with its revenue advancing by 6.3 percent to $5.54 billion. Micron’s DRAM market share fell by 1 percentage point to 21.6 percent from the prior quarter.

Related News

Latest News

Latest News