IDC has opened its nominations for the 2022 Smart City Asia Pacific Awards (SCAPA).
SCAPA, running on its eighth year, recognizes the top smart city initiatives of deserving agencies – private or public – that have excelled across 14 Smart City functional eService categories using the IDC Smart City Development Index framework.
“With each digital investment, privacy and security management are becoming a forefront consideration as city governments seek to safeguard and protect the interests of their investors and constituents,” said Gerald Wang, Head of Public Sector Research, IDC Asia Pacific.
You can nominate your project by visiting scapa.awardsplatform.com on or before 07 February 2022. Nominations will be open for a limited time.
Any organization can nominate a city project or initiative that has been implemented, including the municipality itself, state or provincial agencies, solutions providers, and other partners. IDC also encourages vendors working with the public sector to participate in this nomination phase.
The 2022 IDC Smart City Asia/Pacific Awards will recognize the top Smart City initiatives in Asia/Pacific excluding Japan in 14 eService categories, which include:
- Civic Engagement
- Digital Equity and Accessibility
- Economic Development, Tourism, Arts, Libraries, Culture, Open Spaces
- Public Health and Social Services
- Public Safety – Next-Generation Emergency Services
- Public Safety – Data-Driven Policing
- Smart Buildings/ Smart Tech Parks
- Smart Water
- Sustainable Infrastructure
- Transportation – Connected & Autonomous Vehicles, Public Transit, Ride-Hailing/Ridesharing
- Transportation – Transport Infrastructure
- Urban Planning and Land Use
Previous winners featured the best smart city initiatives from Perth, Western Australia; Shenzhen, China; Hong Kong’s Planning Department; New Delhi, India; West Java, Indonesia; Malacca, Malaysia; Christchurch City Council, New Zealand; Housing Development Board, Singapore; Sejong Metropolitan Autonomous City, South Korea; and Taipei, Taiwan.
All shortlisted smart city projects will be up for public voting, which will be announced later in March 2022 via the IDC Smart City Website, IDC Smart City Facebook Page, and IDC AP Twitter.