Today, everything is becoming digital, from basic communication to day-to-day activities. This makes it so crucial for businesses to establish a presence in the digital realm.
It makes sense because people nowadays spend most of their time browsing online digital platforms, such as social media apps and blog sites. By establishing a digital presence, you can address customer expectations, providing relevant experiences that can boost your conversions.
This is where digital direct marketing comes in. To define what it is, it’s a good idea to understand the two primary concepts behind it: direct marketing and digital marketing.
Direct marketing focuses on direct consumer communication to foster customer relationships without a middleman. Digital marketing uses technologies, such as social media, email, mobile, and voicemail, like Unlimited Ringless Voicemail, to connect businesses with more people.
That said, digital direct marketing directly reaches customers using a wide range of digital technologies. However, how can you leverage these technologies to increase your sales and market reach?
In this article, you’ll discover some of the most effective ways to leverage your digital direct marketing technologies to improve your audience reach and increase conversion. Read on to learn more.
- Use An Auto-Dialer
An auto-dialer, or automated dialer, is a software solution that automatically dials multiple sets of contact numbers at the same time. This eliminates the tedious task of manually dialing numbers, allowing your agents to focus on providing positive and relevant customer experiences.
With an auto-dialer, you’ll be able to reduce the time it takes for your sales agents to make a single call. This can significantly improve your call’s performance and overall productivity and efficiency.
If you want to install an auto-dialer, you’ll need to choose between three types: preview, power, and predictive. Here’s the difference between the three and where they’re best utilized:
- Predictive Dialer: A predictive dialer works by providing agents with a piece of information about the contact. This allows them to prepare everything they need before connecting to a contact, improving call quality and overall performance. Furthermore, a predictive dialer is best used when making follow-up calls.
- Power Dialer: A power dialer is a program developed by companies like Power Dialer. It automatically dials the next set of numbers after a call. Also, it ignores unattended, invalid, and busy lines, leaving no time wasted on unnecessary calls. Furthermore, a power dialer is best utilized when making outbound calls.
- Predictive Dialer: A predictive dialer uses a high-level algorithm to predict when to dial the next numbers. With this, you’ll leave no time wasted while focusing on maintaining high-quality calls. Like power dialers, it’s best utilized when making outbound and telemarketing calls.
When choosing an auto-dialer, keep in mind that the most advanced isn’t important. The right dialer should help you achieve your goals and, of course, simplify your operations. Otherwise, you’re just wasting your money for nothing.
2. Update Your Website
When was the last time you updated your website? If you can’t remember when, this might be the best time to do so. An outdated website can negatively affect its performance, especially when it comes to speed.
If your website can’t outmatch the speed of its competitors, you’re bound to suffer significant losses. After all, nobody likes to visit and browse a website as slow as a tortoise–it’s time-consuming and extremely annoying. So, what should you do to update your site?
- Review Current Web Design: First, check the quality of your site’s visuals. If you find anything blurry, pixelated, or irrelevant, remove or update them immediately. Then, check your content and see if there are broken links and incorrect details. If there are any, address them immediately.
- Check Your Site’s Data: Go over your website’s analytics to understand your visitor’s behavior. This can help you determine what to do to meet their needs. When done right, you can reduce your site’s bounce rate and increase its dwelling rate significantly, giving you more chances of closing sales.
- Incorporate Multimedia Elements: Visitors want a visually appealing site; the only way to do that is to add powerful multimedia elements. This can make them more engaged, encouraging them to make a purchase. You can add anything, from animations to high-quality images, as long as it’s relevant to your brand.
- Align Your Website To Current Trends: Understanding the trends in web design can help you stay on top of the competition. Even if your site looks great, if its designs are outdated, you’ll lose a number of visitors in the long run. So, check the latest trends and keep your eyes open for changes.
3. Maximize SEO By Creating SEO-Friendly Content
Search engine optimization (SEO) is optimizing web pages and content to gain visibility in search engine results pages. Search engines will rank each of your web pages based on its content—the higher the ranking, the more visible the page is.
But what does this mean? When your page has a high SEO ranking, users can easily see it whenever they search for something related to its content. If that’s the case, you want to ensure that your pages have a high SEO ranking as much as possible.
Here are some tips that may help you create SEO-driving content:
- Use Headings: Headers (e.g., h1, h2, etc.) allow web crawlers to learn more about your content and its sections. This helps search engines determine the proper placement of a particular web page. Make sure to use headings as much as possible. This breaks down the topic easily and makes it easier to understand.
- Use Longtail Keywords: Longtail keywords are a more specific group of words people use to look for the information they need. It usually consists of three or more words (e.g., water damage services in Arizona). Unlike generic keywords, longtail keywords produce less traffic but guarantee a higher conversion rate.
- Add Alt Text: Alt text describes the images you want to include in your content. If the image fails to load, it shows up and allows readers to determine what it may look like. It’s also read aloud by screen readers to help visually-impaired individuals understand your content, making your website highly accessible.
- Link Content To High-Authority Websites: Using highly reputable sources indicates that you’ve done a good amount of research, which is what search engines want. Also, linking influential websites help you become more reliable and convincing, creating an argument and building trust from your audience.
4. Improve The Speed Of Your Website
Loading speed is one of the most crucial elements of a successful website, and for good reasons. First, a fast-loading website makes your website more appealing to users, reducing bounce rates. A bounce rate is a percentage of web visitors jumping off from one website to another.
Second, search engines highly favor fast-loaders, as they offer a better user experience than their competitors. Yes, website speed is also a factor in determining a website’s SEO ranking. So, what should you do to improve it and reap its benefits?
- Use Content Delivery Networks (CDNs): CDN caches content in various locations using multiple servers worldwide. These servers process content request through the nearest server to the user rather than the original server, which could be miles away. This is what makes the loading speed increase.
- Optimize Web Images: Images are often the reason why websites load slowly, especially if they’re larger. But don’t worry because they can be optimized. All you need is to reduce their resolution, crop unnecessary elements, compress their size, and minimize their dimensions, which can be achieved using free tools online.
- Avoid Using Redirects: A web redirect forwards a user to a different page when they visit a specific website. Usually, it can take around a fraction of a second or a couple of seconds, increasing a website’s loading time. Sometimes, they’re inevitable, so make sure to use them only when necessary.
After that, test your website and ensure it loads within two seconds. If it does, you did well in improving your web speed. But if it doesn’t, try to perform other techniques; otherwise, users will bounce off your site and look for another one instead.
5. Make Your Website Mobile-Friendly
Nowadays, most people spend their time using mobile devices (e.g., tablets and smartphones) to entertain themselves or talk to their loved ones. It’s more convenient than laptops and personal computers (PC), which you can’t bring with you anywhere you go.
Plus, mobile devices are go-to hubs for most people searching for something interesting on the internet. These allow them to access thousands of websites in their hands, whenever and wherever they want.
This is why it’s important for businesses to make their websites mobile-friendly to maximize the opportunities to make sales and close deals. But the question is how? Below are some helpful tips you can do to create a mobile-friendly website.
- Focus On Responsiveness: Responsiveness is the ability of a website to fit into the screen size of any device, large or small. This provides a better user experience and makes web management a lot easier. Plus, it offers SEO benefits—more responsive means higher ranking.
- Keep Headlines Short: Remember, the screen size of mobile devices isn’t as wide as laptops and PCs. So, it’d be better to keep your content headlines as short as possible. For example, you may write ’10 Tips To Stay Mentally Healthy’ instead of ’10 Simple Tips To Make Your Mental Health Positive.’
- Improve Your Calls To Action (CTAs): CTAs are commands that encourage users to take the action you want. For example, if you want them to sign up and become one of your subscribers, use ‘Click here to sign up.’ However, don’t overwhelm visitors with too much CTAs to avoid confusing them.
6. Take Advantage Of Social Media Platforms
Social media is one of the most powerful digital direct marketing technologies every business should consider using. Today, social media platforms have billions of active users across the globe, and it would be a waste of opportunity not to include them in your arsenal.
However, entering social media may not be as easy as it seems, considering the intense competition between similar businesses. In that case, you need to establish a strategy consisting of different tricks to attract viewers and make them more invested in your brand.
Here are some tips that may help you achieve a dominating presence on social media platforms:
- Identify The Platform Best Suited For Your Brand: You can use different social media platforms, but not all of them may suit your brand. You can choose between image-sharing (e.g., Instagram), general (e.g., Facebook), video-streaming (e.g., YouTube), and community-based platforms (e.g., Reddit).
- Post Content At The Right Time: Posting content at the right time is crucial for successful social media marketing. Post between 3:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. every weekend to garner more views and positive impressions, specifically Saturdays. However, it may differ based on location, so consider doing research first.
- Be As Consistent As Possible: When it comes to direct social media marketing, consistency is the key. As for most marketers, the ideal number of posts is around 1-2, with a maximum of five daily. However, it may still depend on your strategy and what works best for your brand.
- Make Posts Educational: Social media content should be entertaining and educational. You want users to learn more about your brand. In that case, consider creating videos and infographics. You can even shoot behind-the-scenes footage to make people feel more welcomed.
Leveraging digital direct marketing technologies is crucial in today’s time. However, it’s no easy task, so consider applying the principles, tips, and tricks discussed above at your command. These can help improve your digital direct marketing, boosting your audience reach and increasing your sales. Of course, don’t forget to consider your business needs when building strategies to maximize your growth and minimize your losses in the process.