No menu items!

32% Indian enterprises to invest in Cloud in 2 years: Current Analysis

68 percent of enterprises in India, with 100-plus employees, are using Cloud-based services, while the remaining 32 percent plan to do so over the next 24 months, said Current Analysis.

This is in line with trends in the larger Asia Pacific market where the adoption of Cloud-based services is as high as 65 percent.

In North America this number is 68 percent.

Major cloud players in India are IBM SoftLayer, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google, NTT Communications and Rackspace.

39 percent ranked Cloud as their no. 1 investment priority in India, 16 percent Big Data while 12 percent favored Enterprise Mobility. Network Security jointly ranked as the no. 2 investment priority, along with Big Data.

“It is notable that Cloud has emerged as a leading investment priority for Indian enterprises, surpassing even Network Security investments. However, this doesn’t amount to the ICT decision makers lowering their guards when it comes to the all-vital area of IT security,” said Deepak Kumar, principal analyst, APAC, Current Analysis.

“It is just that they have gotten comfortable with the private clouds set up by their long-standing IT service partners like TCS, IBM, HP, Wipro and Tech Mahindra, among others,” Kumar added.

Enterprise Cloud investment study by Current Analysis

For Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), 38 percent opted for a single cloud service provider while 35 percent are using two service providers and another 8 percent have three service providers. Around 12 percent enterprises have even gone for four or more suppliers.

Microsoft, IBM SoftLayer, HP, AWS, Google,, Red Hat, Oracle and SAP were among the leading cloud service providers across the IaaS, PaaS and SaaS cloud market segments.

When moving a workload to cloud, security (62 percent) is the biggest concern for enterprises, followed by data privacy (42 percent).

IT service providers were also preferred partners for Managed Network Services, Enterprise Mobility and Big Data and Analytics solutions.

However, consulting companies like Accenture, Capgemini and Deloitte came close enough as preferred partners for implementing Enterprise Mobility solutions.

For Managed Secure Network-to-Cloud Solutions too, consulting companies were No. 2 as preferred partners and equipment vendors like Cisco, Avaya and Oracle were not a distant No. 3 either.

Data Center investments showed signs of falling behind on enterprises’ priority list, with 33 percent saying it was a last investment priority for them and four percent said it was still a No. 1 investment priority. This finding alludes that enterprise priorities are moving from capex to opex model with cloud services being the highest investment priority for enterprises in India.

[email protected]

Related News

Latest News

Latest News