International Data Corporation (IDC) hosted the 14th edition of its IDC South Africa CIO Summit in Johannesburg and attracted more than 120 ICT decision makers.
IDC research shows that 54 percent of CIOs across Sub-Saharan Africa have brought forward their digital agendas by at least one year – and 16 percent by two years.
“Many of these CIOs are reviewing and exploring digital business models and ecosystem partnerships for the long term. CIOs are adapting their organizations to meet a new set of challenges and rethinking their leadership practices for a digital-first world,” Mark Walker, IDC’s associate vice president for Sub-Saharan Africa, said.
ICT leaders in South Africa
- Samresh Ramjith, Cybersecurity Risk Officer, ABSA
- Portia Matsena, CIO, BankservAfrica
- Shoaib Nathie, CIO, CIB
- Tim Rautenbach, Group ICT Manager, Beier Group
- Dr. Sizwe Gwala. Head of Data Governance, Standard Bank
- Reinhardt Gerber, Head of IT, Sea Harvest
- Nomazwi Mhloma, Deputy Head of ICT, eThekwini Municipality
- Kevin Wilson, General Manager of IT Services, Stefanutti Stocks
- Nkosenhle Ngongoma, Group CIO, Ascendis Health
- Louise van der Bank, CIO, AfriSam
- Norbit Williams, Director & CIO, Department of Small Business Development
- Michael Yolland, Head of Digital Transformation, Pepkor
- Ati Ngubevana, Group Executive Head of Department, Digital Process Re-Engineering, Vodacom Technology Group
IDC’s group vice president and regional managing director for the Middle East, Turkey, and Africa, Jyoti Lalchandani, presented the event’s keynote, explaining that organizations across the region are increasingly embracing a digital-first approach as they strive to recover from the uncertainty wrought by the pandemic and build resilience into their operations.
IDC South Africa CIO Summit 2022 was supported by:
Host Partner: Huawei
Summit Partners: Google Cloud, Oracle / Intel, Workday, AWS, UiPath, and Mimecast
Platinum Partners: Salesforce, Micro Focus, ManageEngine / ITR Technology, Cloudflare, KnowBe4, VMware, Cloudera, and Microsoft
Technology Focus Group Partners: OutSystems, Kofax, Trustlink / Axway, SUSE, and Technology Corporate Management (TCM) / Precisely / IBM, Freshworks, Udacity, and BCX / IBM
Exhibit Partner: Kaspersky
Strategic Partner: The Institute of Information Technology Professionals South Africa (IITPSA).