Genpact employee addition was nil in last 9 months

Net addition of employees at BPO giant Genpact was nil in the last 9 months.

According to Genpact report, its employee number stood at 60,200 in Q1 2013, Q2 2013 and Q4 2012.

Genpact had 60,200 resources in the second quarter from around 58,600 in the year ago period.

74 percent of employees are in India.

In Q3 of 2012, Genpact’s employee base was 60,800. In Q2 last year, its employee base was 58,600 and 56,500 in Q1 2012.

Genpact’s employee attrition rose to 27 percent in Q2 2013 from 24 percent in Q1 2013.

Genpact second quarter revenues rose 14.4 percent to $534.8 million from $467.6 million in the year-ago period.

The BPO major net income increased 4.5 percent to $63.9 million for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.

Capital markets, CPG, life sciences and business and financial services were the main growth drivers.

BFSI contributed 41 percent revenue to Genpact in Q2. The other industry verticals include manufacturing and pharmaceuticals (32 percent) and tech and healthcare (27 percent).

India contributed 66 percent revenue to Genpact. The other regions include Asia (excluding India) 10 percent, America 14 percent and Europe 10 percent.

“Continuing the momentum in 2013, Genpact delivered strong growth in revenues and adjusted operating income as well as recorded solid cash flows from operations in the second quarter,” said Genpact president and CEO NV Tyagarajan.

Revenues from global clients grew 19.8 percent.

Business process management revenues from global clients grew 18.1 percent.

This was led by growth in banking and financial services, consumer packaged goods, life sciences and healthcare and business services.

Genpact has kept its revenue guidance for the current fiscal unchanged in the range of $2.15-2.20 billion, citing a mixed macro-environment.

“The macro-environment continues to be mixed — challenging for some industries and geographies and improving in others. Our pipeline is healthy and stable with a significant uptick in larger transformative deals,” said Tyagarajan.

Genpact focuses on large transformational engagements which need longer decision cycle time. Due to bad conditions, Genpact expects revenues in the current year to be in the lower half of its range of $2.15-2.20 billion.

Revenues from global clients represented approximately 77.3 percent of Genpact’s total revenues ($413.2 million) with the remaining 22.7 percent of revenues ($121.6 million) coming from GE.

Baburajan K
[email protected]

Related News

Latest News

Latest News